- Marius is a freckled Kermit with less musical ability and a more annoying wiggle-jaw.
- Cosette has the fastest vibrato in recorded history.
Jackman has apparently never heard of the concept of falsetto. His
"Bring Him Home" would've woken up all of France. And probably some of
you're going to experiment with live singing, don't also experiment
with extreme close-ups. It makes for a very ugly combination.
you're going to experiment with either of the things in number 4, don't do it with an epic, sweeping musical like Les Miserables. I
felt more connected to the story and emotions sitting in the last row
of a 3,000 seat auditorium than I did staring up Russel Crowe's nose
while he either contemplated suicide or tried not to poop in his
pantaloons. I'm not clear on which it was.
happened in that casting room? Did it go like this? "Hey, let's cast
the handsome kid who can sing the shit out of everything as the love
interest and stick this floppy-haired Muppet with the rubber jaw in the
role of best friend." And then someone else said, "Actually, you know
what would be better? If we did the opposite. Because I like ruining the
holiday season for people."
needs to tell this director and cast that it's more powerful to see
someone fighting tears than to just let a bunch of indulgent actors weep
all over their period costumes. I felt like I was watching a Lifetime
movie with commercial breaks for the importance of dental hygiene.
pretty sure you're supposed to be able to understand what the
Thenardiers are saying. Unless the screenplay just said, "Then Borat and
Bellatrix Lestrange mumble something cockney."
- The movie made me happy that a little kid got shot to death. Because I was THAT sick of him.
- It turned "One Day More" from something that gives me chills to something that had me saying "SERIOUSLY? We're only half-way through this frigging thing?"
- The new song, "Suddenly" feels more like a half-hearted attempt to earn an Oscar than a necessary part of the story.
- That was way more sewer poop than needed to get the point across.
- Fantine's hair didn't grow back once she was an angel. I would like to believe Heaven is a kinder place than that. I mean she got a shower, seraphim dentristry and a pretty new dress, but she's still got to sport the G.I. Jane for all eternity?
- How easy it was to disguise yourself in 19th Century France. Just pop on a hat and you're invisible!
- Russell Crowe.